In this role, you’ll provide crucial administrative support to team projects, ensuring their seamless execution. You’ll maintain a network of volunteers and mentors, manage administrative excellence, handle resources like office supplies, and keep our document management system organized. Budget tracking, inbox management, and space coordination are all within your realm. You’ll be the welcoming face during tours, assist with onboarding, serve as a main point of contact, and aid in resolving routine issues. Additionally, you’ll take charge of documenting meetings and supporting the team with various administrative tasks. If you’re passionate about organizational wizardry, community building, and innovation, apply now to play a vital role in Ethos Lab’s operations.
Job Type: Part-time contract up to 15 hours/week
Location: Hybrid (In-Person & Remote)
Start Date: Immediately
About The Role
- Exceptional administrative management skills, ensuring team projects are
- Maintain Ethos Lab’s network of volunteers and mentors willing to support Ethọ́s
Lab, either through mentorship or content delivery
- Maintain a high level of administrative excellence
- Manage space resources required for the team including ordering office supplies, printing and
- Maintain an organized document management system ensuring a well-structured information
- Manage budget tracking, expense management, and reporting
- Management of Ethos Lab’s inboxes
- Manage office space and facilities, including maintenance, repairs, security and safety, space
bookings and scheduling.
- Onboarding all staff, mentors and volunteers into Ethos Lab
- Coordinate tours and open houses of the space and act as an ambassador for the Ethos Lab
- Act as main point of contact for vendors, registrants and households
- From time-to-time support on-site supervision for Ethos Lab
- Address routine issues and escalate complex matters judiciously.
- Lead document and note taker for Ethos Lab Meetings
- Assist Ethos Lab team with routine administrative tasks
The Successful Candidate:
During the interview we will be looking for the following experience, skills, and mindset.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen and authorized to work in Canada
- Some post-secondary education or equivalent experience, degree or diploma in Office Administration is an asset
- Demonstrated experience working in office environments and developing administrative processes
- Proven track record of developing and delivering projects on time and within budget
- Experience administering youth programs, is an asset
- Knowledge of anti-racism, anti-oppression, equity, diversity and inclusion frameworks
- Excellent communication, organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multitask effectively, be meticulous with details and accuracy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G suite products, particularly MS Excel, Google Calendar
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High energy and passion for Ethọ́s Lab’s mission is essential
- Driven by making an impact in your local community
- Empowered by enabling the development of youth
- Innovative, enthusiastic and self-motivated mindset
- Strong leadership mindset
- Relentlessly curious and creative
- Positive attitude and customer service orientation
How To Apply:
Submit a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com with the subject title “Job: Administrative Coordinator”
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity! Just a heads up – we’ll only be reaching out to the most promising candidates for this role. So if you don’t hear from us, don’t sweat it! We appreciate your interest and wish you all the best in your job search.
About Ethós Lab
Ethọ́s Lab is an afterschool Innovation Academy. We aim to improve equity in STEAM careers by offering in-person and digital programming that builds competencies across STEAM, critical thinking and leadership.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion in Hiring
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including those with disabilities or other limitations. We require that all candidates be able to perform the essential functions of the job, which may include travel to events, workshops, and other locations as needed to support outreach activities and program delivery. If you require accommodations to perform these essential functions, please let us know and we will work with you to identify appropriate solutions.