At Ethos Lab we are always working hard to keep our team and youth members, their friends, and their families safe and healthy! We are monitoring and reviewing the communicable-disease related information that is being shared by the Provincial Health Officer, especially as it relates to school-aged children. We also follow the orders, guidance, notices and recommendations issued by our Municipal, Provincial and Federal health authorities that are aimed at helping us stop the spread of COVID-19 and other diseases.
Some of the most effective ways that we can keep each other safe in our shared environments are: maintaining appropriate social distancing, hand hygiene, use of masks, clear and accessible signage, and the sanitization of shared spaces. To make sure that Ethos Lab continues to be a safe space for everyone, we are going to continue using these simple safety protocols. These include:
- Entry into Ethos Lab : When you enter Ethos Lab, everyone is required to wash and/or sanitize their hands. Masks are still required while inside, especially for those who have not received both doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. This includes all Ethos Lab Staff, volunteers, and community-based collaborators. We ask that all visitors, friends, and family members continue to wear a mask, to protect themselves and everyone in our community. Any visitors to Ethos Lab @ 3rd & Main space or any of our other indoor events or gatherings must check-in at reception to ensure that we are able to contact you as needed to assist with COVID-19 contact tracing.
- Temperature Checks: Temperature checks will be available for youth and family members upon entry into Ethos Lab. The average temperature of the human body is 36-37 degrees; if someone is showing a higher temperature than that, they may have a fever and will not be permitted to participate in activities and arrangements will be made for them to go home to rest, recuperate, and/ or get tested.
- COVID-19 Screening Questions: Upon entry to Ethos Lab all members and collaborators will be asked or shown a series of short COVID-19 screening questions which may include the following:
- Are you currently experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19?
- Have you travelled anywhere in the past 14 days?, and,
- Have you had contact with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case?
- If “yes” is an answer to any of the questions, then we reserve the right to deny access to our physical space until we have received a negative COVID-19 test.
- Capacity: There are notices posted in all shared spaces stating the maximum number of people allowed in each room. The Ethos Lab office is allowed a maximum capacity of 5 people, the production space is allowed 50 people, the kitchen is allowed 3 people, the elevator is allowed 2 people, and the reception/entry area is allowed a maximum of 3 people at one time.
- Physical Distancing: As per safety recommendations, physical distancing is encouraged throughout the building. Signage is posted everywhere to remind people to maintain 6 feet of distance where possible. Signage is also posted on the ground and on tables marking where to stand to ensure the proper distance between people. All chairs, tables and tools are placed the appropriate distance apart so they can be used safely.
- Hand Sanitizers: Handwashing with soap is encouraged – and required when everyone first enters the building. There are multiple handwashing stations on each level of the building, and each is equipped with antibacterial soap, and cleaning supplies. There are posted signs at all hand-washing stations providing guidance to members and visitors on best hand-washing practices. There are also hand sanitizers available throughout the building.
- Disinfectant: All shared areas and surfaces are regularly disinfected, and spray bottles of highly-effective disinfectant are stationed in all common areas. Signage directs members and staff to disinfect areas they have used when they are done. All surfaces and areas are disinfected before Ethos Lab is open to members.
Stay Home If You’re Sick: If you are feeling unwell, please stay at home and let the Ethos Lab team know so that we can make sure that you have virtual access to content and programming where possible. We will always try to accommodate providing virtual access so that you can avoid being at Ethos Lab while you are sick or symptomatic.