“Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual (e.g., someone’s name, age, address, phone number).
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Purpose. We collect and use your Personal Information that is necessary to fulfill the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
- to register you for our Services;
- to provide our Services to you;
- to create a user profile;
- to respond to your communications with us;
- to contact you about updates and informational and service-related communications;
- for internal statistical, marketing or operational purposes, including but not limited to, measuring and understanding demographics, user interest, and other trends among users of our Services and our website; and
- to otherwise improve our Services and our website.
We will only collect and use Personal Information for the identified Purposes above, unless we receive additional consent from you for another purpose, or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
- General Collection. We may collect Personal Information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) that you may use when you: (i) fill out a form on our website; (ii) engage or communicate with us; and (iii) otherwise access and use our website. Such Personal Information may include, without limitation:
- your name, address, and email address;
- your date of birth;
- a description of interests and short biography for the creation of a user profile;
- the content of your communications with us;
- information about how you use the Services and the website; and
- information about your computer or mobile device, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, device ID, physical location, browser and operating system type, resolution of your screen, language settings in your browser, referring URLs, and other technical information.
- Google Analytics. We may use Google Analytics in order to better understand the user experience on our website, including without limitation: (i) how you reached our website; (ii) the website you came from to arrive at our website; (iii) how long you stayed on our website; (iv) what pages you looked at; (v) how many pages you looked at; (vi) what buttons you clicked; (vii) what browser you are using; and (viii) what device you are using. Any use by us of Google Analytics is governed by the Google Analytics Terms of Service. If you do not wish to participate in Google Analytics, you may download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- Feedback. Any suggestions or comments for improving or modifying the Services and/or website that are included in your communications with us (the “Feedback”) will be deemed to be non-confidential (provided that such Feedback contains no Personal Information) and non-proprietary to you. You agree that: (i) we are not subject to any confidentiality obligations with respect to the Feedback (provided that no Personal Information is contained therein); (ii) the Feedback is not confidential or proprietary information of any third party and you have all of the necessary rights to disclose the Feedback to us; (iii) we may irrevocably and freely use, reproduce, and publicize the Feedback; and (iv) you are not, nor is any other party, entitled to receive any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from us in relation to the Feedback.
We will not collect, use, or disclose your Personal Information without your consent, unless we are permitted or required to do so by applicable law. Your consent may be express or implied, depending on the nature and sensitivity of the Personal Information. Express consent is when you willingly agree (e.g., orally, in writing, or electronically) to the processing of your Personal Information for particular purposes. Implied consent is when: (a) you do not expressly give consent, but you rather volunteer Personal Information for obvious purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances; or (b) you are given notice and a reasonable opportunity to opt-out of your Personal Information being processed for specified purposes, and you do not opt-out.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- Service Providers. We may provide your Personal Information to third party service providers in order to help us achieve the Purposes and operate our website. For example, we may use third party service providers to help us analyze usage of our website, track the effectiveness of our marketing strategies and communications, provide email services, assist with the prevention, detection, and investigation of potentially illegal acts and/or security breaches, collect and process error and crash reports, host web servers and store data. These third parties are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Corporate Transactions. We may also disclose or transfer your Personal Information to affiliates or third parties in the event of a proposed reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or equity, subject in each case to customary confidentiality agreements.
- Legal Disclosure. We may disclose Personal Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process. This includes, without limitation, the disclosure of Personal Information where necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. You hereby release Ethos Lab of any liability associated with any such disclosures made in good faith.
- Retention of Personal Information
If we use Personal Information to make a decision that directly affects you, we will retain that Personal Information for at least one year, so that you have a reasonable opportunity to request access to it. Subject to the foregoing, we will retain your Personal Information only as long as necessary to fulfill the Purposes and to comply with applicable law. We will delete or anonymize the Personal Information once it is no longer necessary for us to hold it. We are not responsible for any liability or loss you experience as a result of our disposal of Personal Information.
- Security of Personal Information
We protect your Personal Information using security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We encourage you to also take steps to protect Personal Information by, for example, closing all web browsers after using our website.
- Rights Relating to Personal Information
You have certain rights relating to your Personal Information, subject to applicable law:
- Right to be Informed. To know how your Personal Information is collected, used and disclosed. This includes the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information and to make a complaint.
- Right to Access. To receive access to your Personal Information, including the ways in which your Personal Information is or has been used, and the names of the individuals and organizations to which your Personal Information has been disclosed.
- Right to Rectification. To request correction of your Personal Information.
- Third-Party Materials
Occasionally, we may include or offer third party products, services, links and/or applications on our website or through our Services (collectively, the “Third-Party Materials”). These Third-Party Materials are not owned, maintained, operated or controlled by Ethos Lab. If you engage any Third-Party Materials, such third-party’s privacy notices and practices will apply. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your Personal Information once you provide it to a third-party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of each such third-party before any such engagement or disclosure. Ethos Lab is not responsible for the content of such Third-Party Materials and does not make any representations, warranties or guarantees regarding the content or the privacy practices of such third parties. For certainty, Ethos Lab disclaims any liability associated with your access to, use of, download of, or reliance on, such Third-Party Materials and their content. If you decide to access, use or download any such Third-Party Materials, you do so at your sole risk.
You may opt-out of receiving any communications from us at any time by clicking “Unsubscribe” in any such communications (as may be applicable) or by contacting us as provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Changes to Personal Information & Withdrawal of Consent
We strive to ensure that the Personal Information we collect, use, or disclose is accurate and complete. You may request access to your Personal Information and request that erroneous or inaccurate Personal Information be updated.
You may also withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information at any time. Please note that withdrawing your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information may prevent you from using the some or all of the Services.
If you wish to do any of the foregoing, please contact us as provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Contact Us